Press Releases05/13/2016 - Making Strides Contest
Whether it’s parking an extra block away from the office or going for a loop around the block after taking out the garbage, making strides adds up! That’s why we’re proud to announce the Walk Pittsburgh Making Strides Contest!
To participate and enter our sweepstakes to win a $200 gift card to a local sporting goods retailer, follow the instructions below:
- Follow us! Earn one (1) point on the Making Strides leaderboard by following Walk Pittsburgh on Facebook and another (1) for following us on Twitter.
- Use #MakingStridesPgh! Tweet a photo on your latest stroll or simply spread the word, using our new hashtag, #MakingStridesPgh, and earn one (1) point on the leaderboard each time!
- Log your steps! Earn one (1) additional point for every day that you log your steps on WalkPittsburgh.org or through the Walk Pittsburgh app.
- Stay tuned for the drawing date, at which time all points earned will be entered into the random drawing—the more points you earn, the more chances you have to win!
- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by following Walk Pittsburgh on Facebook and Twitter, using the #MakingStridesPgh hashtag and logging their steps using WalkPittsburgh.org’s online system.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of the Oakland Transportation Management Association (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: Employees of Oakland Transportation Management Association will conduct a random drawing from all entries earned. Individuals may earn multiple entries by participating in activities as outlined in ENTRY.
- PRIZES: The winners will receive a gift certificate for the value of $200 to a sporting goods retailer located in the Pittsburgh region.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified via social media and/or email within 7 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: a. Participants hereby grant the Oakland Transportation Management Association a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant OTMA the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of OTMA. OTMA reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to OTMA and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won, and to inform you about special offers from OTMA and our trusted partners.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. OTMA in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: OTMA is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, OTMA may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release OTMA from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
- LIABILITY: When participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in any exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge OTMA from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown.