Guided Tours of Historic Oakmont Country Club
Oakmont Country Club
Few golf courses in the world have the fabled history of Oakmont Country Club, a National Historic Landmark and host of nineteen major championships to date. Now, you can join the Oakmont Archives Committee on a walk through of the historic golf course and clubhouse, and enjoy a one-of-a-kind tour.
The Oakmont Archivesx Committee offers tours of Oakmont Country Club on the following Monday mornings from 8:45 am to 10:30 am:
- April 9 and 23
- May 7 and 21
- June 4 and 18
- July 9 and 23
- August 6 and 20
- September 10 and 24
- October 8 and 22
- November 5 and 19
- December 3 and 17
Tour participants will be guided through the handsomely preserved 115-year-old clubhouse by one of Oakmont's golf historians. Learn about the founding of the club, and the family that made it possible. A stroll through History Hall showcases the history of the US Open at Oakmont, with historic photographs and beautifully crafted cases housing memorabilia and championship artifacts. Gaze upon the club's collection of USGA trophies and see the original men's locker room.
Weather permitting, guests will tour the historic "inland links" golf course and see the extraordinary vistas, narrow fairways, and treacherous sand bunkers, including the iconic "Church Pew" bunker. Guests will also have the opportunity to test their putting skills on Oakmont's world-renowned putting surfaces.
The tour ends at the Oakmont Professional Shop, where participants may browse through a wonderful selection of apparel, equipment, and memorabilia only available at Oakmont.
- The Monday tours are free. Donations are welcome, with the proceeds going to the Fownes Foundation.
- Each tour date is limited to fifteen participants. Disabled access is available.
- Advance reservations are required! For reservations, contact Oakmont Country Club: 412-828-8000.
- All tour participants must arrive at the club by 8:45 am on their tour date.
- Light refreshments will be provided by the club.
- Casual attire and comfortable shoes are encouraged, but please NO JEANS OR DENIM.
- Photography is welcome.
- For further information about the tours, contact the Oakmont Archives Committee: 412-828-8000 ext.257 or email@example.com.
For More Information Regarding This Event
Oakmont Country Club